Sunday, September 12, 2010

Are we alive, or just breathing?

I'm not afraid to stand alone
or walk a path that's all my own.
I'm not afraid to say goodbye,
I tell you still I will not cry.
I'm not afraid of love that shatters,
My heart refuses to pitter patter.
I'm not afraid to hear your lies
No part of me can you tie.
I'm not afraid to tell a tale so tall
I have to say none of this is true at all.
I'm not afraid to stand alone,
I prefer to stand by the one to whom my heart is sown.
I'm not afraid to say goodbye,
but to the Lord my heart will cry.
I greatly fear our love to shatter,
only for you my heart pitter patters.
I'm afraid to ever hear your lies,
every part of me to you is tied.
I'm not afraid to tell a tale so tall
I have to say in your arms I did fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment